There are just five games left in the 2019/20 Champions Hockey League, and in just over a month we’ll have crowned our 2020 Champions. Before then, however, it’s over to you to vote for this year’s LGT Most Valuable Player Award.
The LGT MVP Award will be chosen over two rounds. In this first round, we’re asking you to vote for who you think should win the award from a shortlist of five nominees. The Top 3 will make it to the final round, where your votes together with those of a jury will decide the winner.
Here’s who is nominated for this season’s award:
- Marek Mazanec (Goalie, Mountfield HK) – 93.99% shots saved in 9 games
- Ryan Lasch (Forward, Frölunda Indians) – 5 goals, 15 assists in 10 games
- Olle Alsing (Defenseman, Djurgården Stockholm) – 3 goals, 11 assists in 10 games
- Arttu Ilomäki (Forward, Luleå Hockey) – 6 goals, 7 assists in 9 games
- Jonas Hiller (Goalie, EHC Biel-Bienne) – 95.03% shots saved in 4 games
Voting is open until 8 January at 17:00 CET.
How to vote: Click first on your favourite player and afterwards on the "vote" button below.
A jury picked the five shortlisted candidates for this season's award. This season's jury consists of: Bo Lennartsson (Senior Sports Advisor at the CHL), Bernd Freimüller (ice hockey columnist for Austrian website laola1.at), Petr Nedvěd (Czech ice hockey legend and GM of Czech National Team), Jukka Jalonen (Finnish National Team Head Coach), Basti Schwele (ice hockey commentator for German broadcaster Sport 1), Bengt-Åke Gustafsson (Swedish ice hockey legend and IIHF Hall of Fame member) and Thomas Roost (Swiss NHL Scout for Central Scouting Europe and hockey writer).